1. US $15 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days
2. US $40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple entry for 30 days
3. US $100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple entry for 100 days
4. Regardless of the provision stated in 1. And 2. Tourist with passport from south Asian Association for Regional cooperation (SAARC) nation isn’t required to visa fee for 30 days.
4. The Business visa with multiple entry facility for the period of one year and five ears cab is obtained fro the department of Immigration on the recommendation of Ministry of Industry by paying the equivalent of USD 100 and USD 250 respectively in the Nepalese currency for the foreign investors.
CUSTOM AND AIRPORT
Passenger arriving at Tribhuwan International Airport with only dutiable good can proceed through the green channel for quick clearance without a baggage check. If you are carrying dutiable articles, you have to pass thought the red channel for detailed customs clearance.
Apart from used personnel belongings, visitors are allowed to bring to Nepal free of duty cigarette (200) or cigars(50)distilled liquor(1 liters bottle)> you can also bring in the following article free of duty on condition that you take them out with you when you leave. Binoculars, movie or video camera, still camera, laptop computer, and portable music system.
It is illegal or export objects over 100 years old (sacredimages, paintings, manuscripts) that are valued for culture and religious reason. Visitors are advised not purchase such items as they are Nepal’s cultural heritage and belong here. The Department of Archaeology ( tel: 4213702 )at Ramesh Path near Singha Durbar has to certify all metal statues, sacred paintings and similar objects before they are allowed to be sent or carried to of the country. Handicraft dealers and travel agent are able to assist you in this process. For more information on customs matters, contact the chief custom administrator, TIA customs office( tel: 4470110, 4472266).
As per the decision of the government of Nepal dated 2001 civil aviation authority of Nepal has announced a hike in the airport taxes at the TIA and other domestic airports, with immediate effect. The revised airport taxes are as follows:
1. International Sectors TIA
a. Departing for SAARC countries
Passenger service charge+VAT NRs791/- and Tourism Fee+VAT NRs.565/= NRs 1356
b. Departing for other countries
Passenger service charge+ VAT NRs 1130/- and tourism service Fee + VAT NRs 565/= NRs1695
2. Internal Domestic Sector
c. Rs 169.50 ( including VAT) for all sectors
d. The new Airport Tax us equally applicable to Nepalese’s as well as non- Nepalese’s citizens flying from Nepal.
Note: In addition, vat will be imposed on the above mentioned Airport Taxes.
The new tax is equally applicable to Nepalese as will as non Nepalese citizens flying from Nepal.